Friday, February 04, 2005

MORNING HAS BROKEN - Acknowledging God!

When I awake each morning (though not every morning) I acknowledge God be reminding myself ...
  • He alone is worthy [Revelation 4:11]
  • my goal for the day is to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness [Matthew 6:33]
  • apart from Him I can do nothing [John 15:4]
  • I need Him to reveal my cross for the day and deny myself in order to follow Him [Luke 9:23]
  • I need not fear the world or the things of the world [Matthew 10:28]
  • I am more than a conquerer [Romans 8:37]
  • my faith is the victory [1 John 5:4]
  • I have an advocate with the Father [1 John 2:1, 2]
  • I can avoid sin if I do what I know to be right and avoid what I know to be wrong [James 4:17]
  • nothing is hidden from His sight [Hebrews 4:12, 13]

You know, I really believe if I can get a handle on most of the above each day, one day at a time, I can and will be a far better believer than the pastor of the largest church, any missionary in the harshest place in the world, or the most successful Christian businessman.